Thursday, April 2, 2015

Maundy Thursday 2015


Sacrament of the Last Supper                                               Salvador Dali, 1955

Today is the fifth day of Holy Week. On this day Christians commemorate Christ's washing of his disciples' feet, the institution of Holy Communion, His agony in the Garden of Gethsemane, and Judas Iscariot's betrayal.





Stay with me, remain here with me.
Watch and pray, watch and pray.

 Stay here and keep watch with me. 
Watch and pray, watch and pray!

Watch and pray not to give way to temptation.
The spirit is eager, but the flesh is weak.

 My heart is nearly broken with sorrow. 
Remain here with me, stay awake and pray.

 Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass me by.
 Father, if this cannot pass me by without my drinking it, 
your will be done.


Stay with me, remain here with me.

Watch and pray, watch and pray.

Stay with me, remain here with me.
Watch and pray, watch and pray.



If you are interested in learning more about Dali's surreal Sacrament of the Last Supper, go herehere, and here.



No comments:

ShareThis